MRO Thrift Shop
From Monday – Friday our friendly and dedicated team of staff, volunteers and trainees steam, organise and label tonnes of items donated by the local community, including second-hand women’s clothing, second-hand men’s clothing and a range of one-off collectables.
Not to mention our second-hand home wares, books, CDs, records, jewellery, and children’s toys.
If you visit during seasonal periods you will find related items such as; Halloween costumes, Christmas cards and more.
NOW HERE: PAT tested electrical items!*
There’s always something new to discover in MRO Thrift shop.
*Not including personal care items.
What We Love to Accept!
At Moray Reach Out’s Thrift Shop, we’re always thrilled to receive a wide range of items. Your generous donations support our mission to empower lives, and here’s what we especially appreciate:
1. Good Quality Clothing: We gladly accept gently-worn clothing for adults and children. From fashionable outfits to everyday wear, your donations can make a significant difference in the lives of others.
2. Accessories: Whether it’s a stylish handbag, a pair of shoes, or jewelry, your accessory donations are a fantastic addition to our shop. They can help individuals express their unique style.
3. Linens (including curtains and fabrics): Don’t let your unused linens, curtains, or fabrics gather dust. We welcome these items, as they can be transformed into something beautiful and useful through our upcycling projects.
4. Homeware: If you have homeware items like kitchenware, decor, or small appliances that are in good condition, we’re excited to give them a new home. Your homeware donations can brighten up someone’s living space.
5. Books, CDs, and DVDs: Share the joy of reading and entertainment by donating your books, music, and movies. These items are not only enjoyable but also provide learning opportunities and entertainment for all.
6. Toys: Children’s toys are always in demand. Your toy donations can bring smiles to kids’ faces and provide them with engaging playtime experiences.
Thank you for considering these items when making your donations to our Thrift Shop. Your support means the world to us and those we serve.
Before You Donate: Quality and Cleanliness Guidelines
At Moray Reach Out’s Thrift Shop, we deeply appreciate your generosity and support. To ensure that your donations have the most significant impact and can be processed efficiently, we kindly ask you to consider the following guidelines:
1. Clean Items Before Donating: We encourage you to prepare your donations by ensuring they are clean and in good condition. This extra step not only helps us process items more quickly but also ensures that the items are ready for their next owner.
Clothing and Textiles: Whenever possible, please run clothing and textiles through the washing machine before donating.
Solid Surfaces: For homeware and other solid-surface items, a quick wipe-down can remove dust and grime, making them more appealing and usable for the next recipient.
2. Quality Matters: While we appreciate all donations, we also aim to provide high-quality items to our customers. We kindly request that you consider the quality of the items you’re donating. Ask yourself: “Would someone be willing to pay for this?”
Clothing: Ensure that clothing is free of stains, holes, and excessive wear.
Homeware and Accessories: Check for functional and cosmetic condition. Items in good working order and with minimal signs of use will find a new home more easily.
Toys and Books: For toys and books, please ensure they are complete, free of excessive damage, and in a condition that a child or reader would find enjoyable.
By adhering to these guidelines, you help us maintain the quality of our offerings, making the Thrift Shop a valuable resource for our community.
Thank you for your commitment to our mission and for being a part of the Moray Reach Out community.
🌟 Support our Thrift Shop Project and make your donations go further with Gift Aid! 🌟
At Moray Reach Out, we are dedicated to empowering lives and creating opportunities for adults with learning disabilities. You can be a part of this mission by signing up for Gift Aid when you donate to our Thrift Shop.
What is Gift Aid? It’s a government scheme that allows us to reclaim tax on your donations, making your support go even further. For every £1 you donate, we can claim an extra 25p from HM Revenue & Customs at no extra cost to you!
By signing up for Gift Aid, you are helping us provide quality placements and work experience opportunities that improve the quality of life, confidence, and self-esteem of individuals in our community.
Here’s how to sign up: 1️⃣ Visit our Thrift Shop. 2️⃣ Ask our friendly staff about Gift Aid. 3️⃣ Fill out a short form – it’s quick and easy!
Your support can make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Join us in creating a positive impact for future generations. Together, we can empower lives!
Thank you for your generosity and support. ❤️
#GiftAid #SupportOurMission #EmpowerLives #MorayReachOut #ThriftShopProject
“I love working in the Thrift shop, it’s such a supportive environment. The stock changes all the time, so there’s never a dull moment and plenty bargains to be had“