If you wish to find out about volunteering opportunities please click here.
MRO Recruitment Process
During the recruitment process Moray Reach Out will:
- Ensure that the recruitment and selection of staff is conducted in a professional, transparent, timely and responsive manner and is compliant with current relevant employment legislation and is underpinned by equal employment opportunity.
- Seek to recruit the best candidate for the job based on merit.
- Treat all candidates fairly, equitably and efficiently, with respect and courtesy, aiming to ensure that the candidate experience is positive, irrespective of the outcome.
- Provide appropriate training, development and support to those involved in recruitment and selection activities.
- Treat the recruitment process as a key public relations exercise and always focus on the enhancement of the process.
- Ensure that its recruitment and selection process is cost effective.
When recruiting staff it is important to ensure that the recruitment process is free from any bias and discriminatory practices. We will ensure that candidates are not discriminated against on any unfair or unlawful grounds as covered by the Equality Act 2010 (on the basis of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and religion or belief).
Part-time and fixed-term staff should similarly not be treated any less favourably than permanent staff.
The recruiting manager is responsible for ensuring that the correct procedures are followed and that all staff involved in the recruitment and selection process observe these procedures.