Moray Reach Out operates a van collection service that gives our trainees the opportunity to collect and process business’ recycling. We have a total of 91 van customers throughout Moray, with a weekly/bi-weekly collection for each: including Buckie, Elgin, Keith, Dufftown, Aberlour and Fochabers.
At current, we collect from both yellow and green bins with the MRO Recycling sticker on them. However, we hope to eventually provide all customers with our signature yellow bins.
What we collect:
- Aluminium and washed steel cans
- Plastics Type 1 (PET) and Type 2 (HDPE) – These are typically soft drinks, water, and milk bottles
- Milk and Cream Bottles Rinsed
- Bottle tops (leave off the bottle)
Note: The plastic type code can be found embossed on or near the base of the plastic container.
What we do not collect:
- Oven trays
- Food trays that are not PET 1 or 2
- Plastic bags
- Plastic straws
- Oil and paint tins
- Food and general household waste
- All glass
Benefits of recycling plastic:
- It reduces the amount of garbage that ends up in our sea.
- Helps reduce the release of c02 and harmful gases into the atmosphere.
- It increases the space at landfills for other essential purposes.
- Recycling saves petroleum that producers may use to make new plastics.
- Recycled plastics reduces the energy used by manufactures in creating new products.
- Encourages a sustainable lifestyle.
Benefits of recycling aluminium:
- Recycling aluminium uses only 5% energy than what producing aluminium from raw materials would.
- It also saves 97% of greenhouse gas emissions produced in the primary production process.
- Recycling 1 tonne of aluminium saves 9 tonnes of CO2 emissions (1 tonne of CO2 is equivalent to driving over 3,500 miles.)
- Aluminium is 100 % recyclable, for ever.
- Creating aluminium cans from recycled metal is 20x more energy efficient than using the raw material.
- One recyclable can could go through the recycling process and be back in the shops in 60 days.
If you have a business and wish to get involved, contact us today – firstname.lastname@example.org